RETAIL × AI
What do you get when you combine a wise animal with a new intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence + OWL = AWL
Like the creature, AWL solutions watch over brick and mortar shops. They complement our eyes and brains, working together with people to improve in-house productivity, raise efficiency, and create added value
As AI evolves, so has the way we work.
Our exploration in forming leading AI solutions has led us to a different perspective, one where the people who work day in and day out in brick and mortar stores are not viewed as a “cost”, but rather a valuable asset. Our goal, is to always be on the look out for the right combination of STORE × PEOPLE × TECHNOLOGY and continue to create new value throughout our lifetime.
- Toppan Printing Co., Ltd. and AWL co-develop automatic sales promotion platform utilizing AI camera, now conducting demonstration experiment at Toppan’s on-site Kiosk. The news is covered by Nikkei Shimbun.
- Yasuhiro Tsuchida, the Director and CTO of AWL and Director of AI HOKKAIDO LAB will be a speaker at a special session, “Starting from Today! Visualize Customers’ & Employees’ Actions by “Smart Store” Camera Architecture” held by Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd. on 12th Dec.
- Yasuhiro Tsuchida, the Director and CTO of AWL and Director of AI HOKKAIDO LAB will be a Speaker at “DATA CAMP 2019 TOKYO: Update Business with Technology” on 29th Nov.
- November 13, 2019, Yasuhiro Tsuchida, Director and CTO of AWL and AWL’s global members join a unique exchange event, “#Sapporon Second Gathering with Global Companies and Lamb” hosted by City of Sapporo and Sapporo Migration Project.
- Yasuhiro Tsuchida, Director and CTO, Director of AI HOKKAIDO LAB answers various questions about AI on “CARRICHIL”, a career education free paper for children.
- Hokkaido Shimbun’s serial article “The Surging Wave of AI Era: On the Cutting Edge” introduces AWL’s efforts.
- AWL enters business tie-up with Will Smart Co., Ltd. which is strong in public transportation business, aiming to co-develop new services utilizing AI camera solutions
- AWL’s team wins top prize at the NASA 2019 International Space Apps Challenge, the world’s biggest hackathon, nominated for the Global Award.
- AWL Announces Issuance of Stock Acquisition Rights as Stock Options for All Employees -Reinforce Recruitment Both Inside/Outside Japan, Accelerate Growth as Global Tech Company-
- Yasuhiro Tsuchida, Director and CTO, delivered a speech on “Open Up the Future and Business with AI Technology” at The Center for Engineering Education Development (CEED), Hokkaido University as part of special lecture for Creative Human Resource Development.
- Yasuhiro Tsuchida, Director and CTO, participating in session “Earth seen from Space: New possibilities for Satellite Data Platform and Entertainment” at CEDEC+SAPPORO 2019
- Yasuhiro Tsuchida, AWL CTO and Director of AI HOKKAIDO LAB speaking of “The Patent on AI Development” at NoMaps, Sapporo Creative Convention sponsored by Japan Patent Office
- President Muneharu Kitade will give a speech at “Smart Store Seminar” hosted by Microsoft Japan Co., Ltd.
- Chief Manager, HR Department, Mina Tsuchida will be speaking of Hiring Worldwide and successful internship cases with JICA “Innovative Asia Project”.
- CTO & Director of AI HOKKAIDO LAB, Yasuhiro Tsuchida will give a speech on the theme of “AI for future work and logistics.”
- The Rodo Shimbun pabulished AWL President Kitade’s airticle “The AI application frontline where the way of working changes -store edition vol.2-“
- The Rodo Shimbun published AWL President Kitade’s article “The AI application front line where the way of working changes -store edition vol.1-“