RETAIL × AI
What do you get when you combine a wise animal with a new intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence + OWL = AWL
Like the creature, AWL solutions watch over brick and mortar shops. They complement our eyes and brains, working together with people to improve in-house productivity, raise efficiency, and create added value
As AI evolves, so has the way we work.
Our exploration in forming leading AI solutions has led us to a different perspective, one where the people who work day in and day out in brick and mortar stores are not viewed as a “cost”, but rather a valuable asset. Our goal, is to always be on the look out for the right combination of STORE × PEOPLE × TECHNOLOGY and continue to create new value throughout our lifetime.
- November 13, 2019, Yasuhiro Tsuchida, Director and CTO of AWL and AWL’s global members join a unique exchange event, “#Sapporon Second Gathering with Global Companies and Lamb” hosted by City of Sapporo and Sapporo Migration Project.
- Yasuhiro Tsuchida, Director and CTO, Director of AI HOKKAIDO LAB answers various questions about AI on “CARRICHIL”, a career education free paper for children.
- Hokkaido Shimbun’s serial article “The Surging Wave of AI Era: On the Cutting Edge” introduces AWL’s efforts.
- AWL enters business tie-up with Will Smart Co., Ltd. which is strong in public transportation business, aiming to co-develop new services utilizing AI camera solutions
- AWL’s team wins top prize at the NASA 2019 International Space Apps Challenge, the world’s biggest hackathon, nominated for the Global Award.
- AWL Announces Issuance of Stock Acquisition Rights as Stock Options for All Employees -Reinforce Recruitment Both Inside/Outside Japan, Accelerate Growth as Global Tech Company-
- Yasuhiro Tsuchida, Director and CTO, delivered a speech on “Open Up the Future and Business with AI Technology” at The Center for Engineering Education Development (CEED), Hokkaido University as part of special lecture for Creative Human Resource Development.